Sibley House Flagpole was presented June 14, 1939 (Location: 44 degrees 53'16.62"N 93 degrees 09'57.64"W).
The flagpole originally stood on a knoll in a rock garden just west of the historic Dupuis House in Mendota Heights. The rock garden was dedicated to pioneer women by the Minnesota State DAR.
Monument Chapter was responsible for painting the metal flagpole.
The flagpole blew down in about 2000.
Because the knoll was identified as
a possible Indian Mound, the flagpole was removed and its plaque temporarily moved to the flagpole next to the nearby historic Sibley House.
The plaque reads:
“Presented by the Family of Judge John F. McGee through Monument Chapter D.A.R. Dedicated June 14, 1939.”